By Steve Fossum
Former World Champion Now Runs His Own School And
Promotes The Fight Sports In Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
That pretty much sums up the only way you could explain
as a Fighter!
He was one of those fighters that had a way of
showing a true skill in the fight sports!
Fighters who could put
combinations together that overwhelmed their opponents to the point they just
dropped to the canvas to escape the barrage of punches and kicks raining down on
Dale "Apollo" Cook
was born on
November 24, 1958, in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He is a 7th Degree Black Belt and has
rank in several different martial arts. He began his martial arts career at the
age of 15, studying Tae Kwon Do. He tested and passed his black belt test at age
17 and he opened his own school not long after.
Many Kickboxers are known as just a great kicker or a great
puncher. However, like many of the Champions of his day and today, to be Great,
you need to put these weapons together. This was something Dale did
well. From his "Rocket Powerful" Jab to his flashy Kicks, Dale
was an "Ultimate Package!"
He was one who could put both together in Explosive fashion!
He was not just good at punches or kicks, but the combinations he used when he
put it all together was a masterpiece to watch, and EXCITING!
Heck, Don't Take my word for it!
Watch some highlights
As a professional fighter he began his career in full-contact
fighting in the early 70's and retired in 1996 with over 150 professional
kickboxing and boxing matches, including 5 World Kickboxing Titles and World
As a professional fighter, he won various titles including
the WKA Middleweight World Title with a first round knockout of Donald Tucker on
12 June 1987.
If your looking for Dale today, check out his website at
And of course, he's on Facebook as well.
Dale Cook vs Dan Magnus
- MARTIAL ARTS
- Fought Classic Full Contact, Lowkick & Muay Thai.
- Kickboxing: 94-4-1/54
- PKA World Middleweight Championship
- Shoot Boxing Shootboxing World Championship
- WKA World Middleweight Championship
- First round knockout of Donald Tucker on 12 June 1987.
- WKA World Super Middleweight Championship
- THAI OPPONENTS
- Ismail Changani, win by KO, Round 2, Tokyo.
- Prasert Sitsoi, win by KO, Round 3, Tokyo
- Harnsu Premchai, win by 5 round decision, Tokyo.
- M Penchandei, win by 5 round decision, Manchester.
- Superman Osotsapa, win by 5 round decision, Tulsa, OK, USA
- Changpuek Kiatsongrit, loss by TKO round 2, Tokyo.
- TOUGHEST NON THAI OPPONENTS
- PKA Days
- Gene McComb, Louisiana
- Arthur O'Laughlin, England
- Ernie Hart, USA
- Steve Shepherd, USA
- Billy Jackson, USA
- WKA Days
- David Humphries, USA
- Pascal Leplatt, France
- John Moncayo, USA
- Song Ki Padula,- Korea
- Moon Do Sang, Korea
- Sikki Taira, Japan
- Pro Boxing: 19-2-1, 10 wins by KO/TKO
Highlights of Dale "Apollo" Cook Clips
- MOVIES - CLICK
- Blood Ring 2, 1995
- Raw Target, 1994
- Double Blast, 1993
- American Kickboxer 2, 1992
- Triple Impact, 1992
- Deadend Besiegers, 1992
- Eternal Fist, 1991
- Blood Ring, 1991
- Fist of Glory, 1991
Cook defeats French Savate fighter Pascal Leplat - 1987.
Cook vs "Superman" Osotsapa
USA vs Thailand 1990
Kaman - Neilsen
Shootboxing championship Tokyo
Champ Autor O'loughlin vs Dale Cook
ESPN Around 1980
All Japan Kick boxing legendary event.
Inspiring Wars Heat 630, June 30, 2022 in Tokyo, Japan.
Kaman vs Peter Smit
Changpuek Kiatsongrit vs Dale Cook
Don Nielsen vs Satake
K. Saito vs Lee
Showboat in Las Vegas